Tina Marie has a great family blog with lots of homeschooling and sewing ideas. I love seeing her handy work. I admire her sewing ability, since my sewing skills are rather simplistic, and I just LOVE the name of her blog!!!
The Versatile Blogger Rules
If you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I don't get out blog browsing much. I'd love to, but my days are too full, so this was a rather hard task.
Here are my nomines (in no order):
Here are my nomines (in no order):
- My Life's a Treasure
- Day By Day in Our World
- Sanctus Simplicitus - Blog
- Family At The Foot Of The Cross
- The Beautiful Gate
- Through My "I"s
- Rosary Mom
- Familia Católica
- Lord, Make Me a Saint
- Not a Deacon Yet
- My Catholic Family Circus
- Little Saints in the Making
- Mostly Blue with a Touch of Pink
- Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints | Catholic Homeschooling and Traditional Catholic
- Reasons for Chocolate
Ya, I know it's suppose to be 15, but once I decided on the ones I wanted to nominate I didn't know who to take off!! Hey, it's only one extra!! ;-)
Okay, 7 things about myself?!?!?!?Well, let's see....
- I am the 4th born child out of 5. I have three brothers and a sister. My only sister was a tomboy, so you could say I was my parent's only daughter!! ;-) BTW: Wearing hand-me-down clothes from my older tomboy sister was rather heartbreaking since she always wore boys clothes!! But I love her, anyway!
- In kindergarten I said I wanted to grow-up to be a bus driver (I don't know why), in junior high I hoped to work with animals, and in high school I wanted to be an art teacher....That's not really all that interesting except for the fact that I now am all three!!! When I take my kids on an outing I drive a "bus" (It's actually a 15 passenger maxi van.), my kids act like cute and silly animals, and I since I homeschool, I teach art!! All my dreams came true!!! ;-)
- Unlike most stay-at-home moms, my husband almost always does the shopping for our food. That started because of my health problems. I'm now doing much better and I could do the grocery shopping, but old habits die hard, he has just continued doing the shopping. Besides he's faster and loves the game of getting a good deal!! Hey, who am I to complain!! ;-)
- I love the woods! As a child I'd spent hours just walking through the woods. I always felt I could talk to God there. I really wanted my kids to have the ability to live near a woods which they could play in. So when we had an opportunity to move into a home in the woods I was overjoyed!!
- Number 4 leads me to this....We live in a spit-foyer and I HATE split-foyers!!!! The tiny foyer with an inward swinging door, combined with two sets of stairs makes for a nasty entryway!! It's personal preference! But if you saw our family of 11 trying to enter our porch-less house on a rainy day I think you'd understand!! I still can't believe we bought a split-foyer!! Okay, so I'm sure you are wondering why I agreed to buy a house I hated??? Well, we wanted a country home and the only property in the country we could afford had a split-foyer on it! But here's a secret: since our home addition has been completed I like my split-foyer home.... I just wish I could make the foyer bigger!!!
- I'm allergic to all metals except gold. I get a rash from metal belt buckles, clothing snaps, cheap jewelry, and any non-gold medal that touches my skin for an hour or more. I wear my Miraculous Medal on a soft rope. I discovered this after I got my ears pierced. My ears and face swelled up. They were so stiff and puffy that the earrings were hidden in the swelling. When I discovered why I was swollen and had the earring removed, I slowly got better. No, my husband can't get away with buying me cheap jewelry -not that he'd try!!
- I've created a website " from scratch" using HTML and Java Script years ago. I taught myself this crazy computer lingo to create an online place for my hubby and I to sell antique toys over the internet. It was a nice hobby, but our family life no longer allows us to shop for antique toys to resell. But the fact that I actually used a computer and created a website is amazing since I never got good grades in computer class at school!! Also, when my hubby wanted to buy our first home computer back in 1999 I hated the idea!! Oh, how things can change!!!
Thanks again, Tina Marie, for this honor!
About my Summer "To Do" List:
I'm still busy working on that Summer "To Do" list! This week we are moving into our newly completed home addition!!! My house is 100% a mess from the "in-home Chinese fire drill". The bedrooms have been moved around now that we no-longer need to squeeze 2 sets of bunk-beds into tiny rooms! We also have a new living room!! The old living room is now a dinning room and the tiny eat-in kitchen is now a larger kitchen. Furniture from every corner of the house has been move to a new area and every shelf and cabinet has been emptied and re-organized! I said 4 years ago I never wanted to move again, but this project feels too much like moving!! It was nice to take a short break from my home re-do to make up this post!
Well, I'm back to cleaning the mess!
May God bless you all!