St. Juan Diego's feast day is Dec. 9th, followed by Our Lady of Guadalupe on Dec. 12th. Read more about St. Juan Diego HERE.
NOTE: I will be posting an ornament for Our Lady, but I only have a few minutes to spare. So for now here is St. Juan's ornament.
To make this ornament you will need:
- gray felt
- maroon felt
- dark blue or black felt
- medium brown felt
- light brown or tan felt
- peach felt
- yellow felt*
- Permanent fine-point markers: green*, red*, orange*, brown, black
- scissors (these kind work well)
- glue (hot glue, felt glue, or tacky glue - like this or this)
- thread and needle for the looped hanger
* If you don't want to draw an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe you can add a small picture of her instead. Excluded the items with the * in the list above if you plan to use an image of Our Lady instead of drawing one.
First cut out the parts like those above. Use the marker to add detail to his head. Draw Our Lady of Guadalupe on the yellow "sun", or find an image of her that will fit on the tilma.
Add the shirt and hands to the gray background.
Next, add the tilma. Only glue the top part of the tilma. Add the legs under the bottom of the tilma, Then, glue down the lower part of the tilma. Add his feet/shoes, as well.
Now, add his head and the image of Our Lady.
Add the top part of his hat.
Now cut off the extra background and add the threaded loop to the top to so he can be hung up.
There you have it! Enjoy!
St. Juan, pray for us!
May God bless you all with Joy!
~Jennifer and Elizabeth
Follow Catholic Inspired:
Feedburner, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest
Become a Subscribed-Member:
(Gain access to more ideas and downloads - It's FREE!)